Wraps are a wonderful alternative to the bread-heavy sandwiches we typically tend to enjoy, especially for those who are gluten intolerant or who just prefer to avoid lots of bread. I am the “wrap queen”, using flavored tortillas to enhance the taste of the sandwich fillings. A good spinach or tomato wrap adds a fantastic touch to a favorite wrap without overpowering the main ingredients!
This recipe is for a “Shakespeare Sandwich”, which I invented one day while studying for a Shakespeare exam. This got me through a good few hours of cramming, keeping me full and happy! If you prefer a vegan version, use vegan cream cheese and substitute a tasty tofu for the Laughing Cow Lite Swiss cheese and smoked salmon. This sandwich also tastes great on a baguette, sourdough bread, or on top of greens as a salad.
SHAKESPEARE SANDWICH RECIPE
Sundried tomato or spinach tortilla wrap
Laughing Cow Lite Swiss cheese spread
Sprinkling of black olives, chopped
Chopped cucumbers or strips of cucumber
Chopped vine-ripe tomatoes
Sprinkling of chopped sweet onion
Drizzling of balsamic vinegar or homemade honey mustard
1. Spread out the sundried tomato or spinach tortilla wrap on a plate. Spread a wedge of Laughing Cow Lite Swiss cheese to cover it to taste.
2. Using the Laughing Cow Lite Swiss cheese as an “anchor”, spread on a layer of fresh sprouts and a sprinkling of chopped black olives.
3. Add chopped cucumbers, or strips if you prefer, and chopped vine-ripe tomatoes in equal parts, and a sprinkling of chopped sweet onion.
4. Layer in the smoked salmon, then drizzle with a light amount of balsamic vinegar or homemade honey mustard.
5. Carefully wrap the sandwich and tuck in the ends to keep ingredients from falling out.
- Sandwich Wraps and Roll-Up Recipes – Allrecipes.com
- Connection Between Serotonin and Appetite: How to Suppress Cravings
- Wrap Sandwich Recipes | MyRecipes.com